1. Utilization Purpose
We use personal information for the following utilization purposes (hereinafter referred to as the “Utilization Purposes”).
1) Acceptance and management of reservation (including communication for confirmation, change, cancellation and reminder of reservation) of the facilities operated by us (hereinafter referred to as “our facilities”)
2) Personal verification, management of registered users, and provision of various services for the registered users on our website
3) Provision of services (including accommodation, restaurant, goods sales, providing and sales of ancillary service and goods, implementation of events) on our facilities
4) Payment, settlement, invoice, refund, acceptance of cancellation fee, issuance of receipt, and other settlement operations for our services
5) Identity verification at the time of entry to and exit from our facilities
6) Correspondence to our customers’ comment, request and inquiry, and notification to our customers
7) Implementation of campaign, prize promotion and questionnaire
8) Prevention of fraudulent contract with us, misuse of our services, or non-payment, and investigation and countermeasures at the time of occurrence of such events
9) Investigation and countermeasures at the time of occurrence of failure, error, or accident of our network
10) Measures in accordance with laws or a notice or guidance from administrative authority
11) Survey, analysis, and marketing regarding usage status of our services
12) Advertisement, solicitation and information provision for our new services or other related services
13) Improvement of goods and services, and planning, study and development of new goods and services
14) Other operations related or incidental to those set forth above
2. Personal Information to be Collected
We collect the following personal information within the scope necessary for the Utilization Purposes.
1) Customer’s information (name, address, date of birth, phone number, nationality, e-mail address, gender, etc.)
2) Information related to settlement (information related to financial institute account, information related to settlement and the settlement method, credit card information (card type, card number, cardholder’s name, expiration date, security code, debit account number, etc.))
3) Information related to usage status of our service (dates of check-in and check-out, check-in time, purchase history of our goods, etc.)
4) Information related to inquiry and communication from customers (e-mail, entry in the inquiry form in our website, answer of questionnaire, etc.)
5) Information collected by using security system installed in our facilities (security camera, etc.)
6) Online identifier including Cookie ID, device information, location information, browsing history and other usage status information (including access log, IP address, browser information, browser language settings, etc.), etc.
7) Other information necessary for providing our service
3. Provision of Personal Information to A Third Party
We do not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the consent of the person except in the following cases:
1) Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws and regulations
2) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
3) Cases in which the provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
4) Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by one in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person are likely to impede the execution of the affairs
5) Other cases in which provision of personal information is permitted by laws and regulations
4. Joint Use
We may jointly use your personal information as described below.
(1) Jointly-used Personal Information
Information described in “2. Personal Information to be Collected”
(2) Intended Purpose for Jointly Using Personal Information
The Utilization Purposes
(3) Scope of Joint Users
Group companies of Backpackers’ Japan
(4) Entity Responsible for Managing Personal Information
Backpackers’ Japan Inc.
2-14-13, Kuramae, Taito-ku, Tokyo
Representative Director Masato Fujishiro
5. Security Control Measures
・We employ necessary and appropriate safeguard measures including employee education, control of access to personal information, etc. to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration or leakage.
・when we entrust a part or all of the operations of our service to an external company in order to run our business and operations smoothly, we may provide personal information to such entrusted company to the extent necessary for the Utilization Purposes. We will enter into a contract for protecting personal information with the entrusted company and guide and manage the personal information management system of the entrusted company.
6. Disclosure, etc.
In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Law, we accept requests for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, suspension of use, suspension of provision to a third party, or disclosure of records of provision to a third party, etc. of personal information retained by us. For such requests, please contact us at the “9. Inquiry Contact “.
① What are Cookies?
② Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics offered by Google. We collect your browsing history, receive analytics result, understand your usage status and utilize those for our services based on the Cookies set by us or Google. For information about use of data at Google Analytics by Google, please visit Google site. [How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services]
The language of this Policy shall be Japanese, and in the event of provisions resulting in conflict or inconsistency between this Policy in Japanese and a translation of this Policy in another language, this Policy in Japanese shall always prevail.
9. Inquiry Contact
For inquiry about your personal information and our handling of personal information such as safety control measures, please contact the email address below. Backpackers’ Japan Inc.
Backpackers’ Japan Inc.
2-14-13, Kuramae, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Representative Director: Masato Fujishiro